Election Information for 2020
Chisago County - 2020 General Election Information
The Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office is fielding many calls about the upcoming 2020 General Election so we wanted to provide answers to some of the common question.
• Election Day – Tuesday, November 3, 2020
• Voter Registration -
* You can check to see if you are an active Registered Voter by going to www.mnvotes.org
* If you are not registered, you can complete the Voter Registration Application at the
above noted website or complete a paper application which would need to be sent to our
* The deadline to pre-register for the General Election is October 13.
* Voters can register at the polls on Election Day with proper proof of residence.
• Ways to Vote -
AT THE POLLS ON ELECTION DAY – NOVEMBER 3, 2020
All regular Polling Places will be open from 7 am – 8 pm on Election Day for in-
person voting. Be assured that the cities and townships are taking extra precautions
and cleaning protocols are in place. To find your polling place and get a sample ballot
go to www.mnvotes.org
ABSENTEE VOTING -
Absentee voting begins September 18, 2020 and runs through 5 pm on November 2, 2020.
Many different organizations are sending out information encouraging people to vote by Absentee Ballot. If
you receive multiple applications, please only submit one completed application to our office. You can submit the
application via mail, fax or email.
In-Person Absentee Voting - You can apply and complete your ballot at the Chisago County Government
Center beginning September 18. Absentee voting hours are Monday-Friday from 8 am – 4:30 pm. We will also be
open on Saturday, October 31, 2020 from 10 am-3 pm and Monday, November 2 from 8 am-5 pm for absentee
By Mail Absentee voting –
• The best way to complete the required absentee ballot application is online at www.mnvotes.org
• If you prefer a paper application it can be obtained online or by requesting a copy from the Auditor-Treasurer’s
Office. The paper application must be returned to our office via mail, fax or email.
• Ballots will be mailed out beginning September 18.
• When you receive your ballot carefully follow the instructions included with your ballot.
• Ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received in our office within 7 days of the election to
• Ballots can be hand delivered to our office until 3 pm on Election Day.
• TRACK YOUR BALLOT - You can track where you application or ballot is in the process at www.mnvotes.org
• Chisago County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office Contact Information -
Phone: 651-213-8500 o Fax: 651-213-8510
Mail: 313 North Main Street, Room 271, Center City, MN 55012
Federal, State, and City Elections are held in even years every two years. Township Elections are held every year.
Presidential Nomination Primary is held on the first Tuesday of March in the year of the Presidential election UNLESS the major parties jointly submit a different date prior to March 1st of the year before.
Precinct Caucus Meetings are the first Tuesday in February UNLESS there is a Presidential Primary, then it's 1 week before that date.
Chisago Lake Township Elections are held annually on the second Tuesday in March.
2021 Township: Tuesday March 9, 2021
State Primary Elections are the second Tuesday in August.
State General Elections are on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
2020 General Election: Tuesday November 3, 2020
Absentee Ballots Available - September 18-November 2, 2020
Pre Registration Closes - October 13, 2020
You may vote early by using an absentee ballot, instead of voting in person at the polling place on Election Day. You have the option of voting absentee either by mail or in person. Absentee voting starts 46 days before the election.
Voters in the military and citizens living outside the United States use a different process to vote absentee. Please visit the Military & Overseas Voter Services website.